Legal & Corporate Secretary Manager
We are seeking a Legal & Corporate Secretary Manager to be first point of contact for all corporate contracts and coordinator lead for corporate secretarial filings and reporting for NEO Exchange and its affiliates. The Legal & Corporate Secretary Manager works directly under the Chief Financial Officer ensuring that all contractual and corporate secretary matters are dealt with on a timely basis. You will coordinate across cross-functional departments and business teams providing guidance on contractual matters while maintaining and applying compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Review and provide advice and guidance on contracts and related legal documents
- Liaise with external clients and negotiate the appropriate changes to legal agreements and documents
- Prepare appropriate corporate secretarial filings and documents to ensure governance for the Exchange and its affiliate is maintained
- Respond to requests and liaising with internal and external clients as necessary
- Coordinate committee and board documents and activities
- Draft committee and board minutes and any related documents as necessary. Maintaining a compliance calendar for the Exchange and affiliates and tracking compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Maintaining appropriate legal policies and procedures and proactively keeping them up to date with applicable changes
- General legal compliance assistance, e.g. file management and arranging meetings
• Assists with maintaining a safe work environment, and developing personal growth opportunities
- Accomplishes team results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; providing feedback coaching, counseling, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Designs and implements business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of team goals
- Maintains relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers as required
- Represents the company at events, conferences etc.
- Ensures adherence to legal and regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Law Degree is required
- Be in good standing with the LSO
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate law or corporate secretary is required. Experience in compliance, regulatory or a related role in the securities industry is beneficial
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels and to communicate efficiently both internally and externally
- Proven track record of meeting deliverables
- Strong time management and organization skills, and ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented; strong written and verbal skills
- Strong interest in learning new skills and ability to thrive in a dynamically evolving environment
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with the job title in the subject line to NEO.Careers@neostockexchange.com.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.