Application Support Engineer
The Application Support Engineer will join the Technology Operations team in running the stock exchange and all satellite applications, to ensure the stability and performance of the NEO platform. This is a role requiring quick and comprehensive learning of various capital markets products.
There is a heavy emphasis on technical competency: candidates with prior experience as a systems administrator or dev-ops engineer are encouraged to apply. A background in capital markets is an asset.
The candidate is expected to display competency in:
- Application support activities
- Troubleshooting complex issues
- Quickly learning concepts, protocols, processes and technologies, both technical and financial in nature
- Making key decisions under pressure
- Administration, debugging/troubleshooting and deployment of the stock exchange application platform in production & development/UAT environments
- Administration, debugging/troubleshooting and deployment of all internally developed satellite applications in production & development/UAT environments
- Level 2 support for various client issues in the production environment
- Administration of various issue-tracking and knowledge-based repositories.
- 5+ years’ experience providing production support in a complex environment
- 5+ years’ experience with Linux/Unix systems, especially in an administrative capacity
- Experience with scripting (bash, etc). considered an asset
- Experience with networking considered an asset
- Experience working with FIX and/or ITCH protocols considered an asset
- Experience with equities trading, capital markets considered an asset
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with the job title in the subject line to NEO.Careers@neostockexchange.com.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.